Friday, July 30, 2010

Pilipinas Win na Win first impressions, reactions

Update: Here's my latest entry with regards to this show. Click HERE.


Today was the day Pilipinas Win na Win got launched. ABS-CBN for the past few days have been even upping the ante, plugging commercials here and there for this show. But as I watched it, I was not surprised to see that it very much resembled its predecessor show - the now defunct Wowowee.

What's new with this show? Well, we have new portions, new games, a couple of new faces. But even after considering all of those, I can still see the shadow of Willie Revillame's former show.

The studio setup, it reminds me of Wowowee. Pokwang, Mariel Rodriguez, and Valerie Concepcion inevitably carry with them the Wowowee aura. My, even the font of the Pilipinas Win na Win resembles the Wowowee brand. It seems like the conceptualizers of this show are overworked and underpaid. Also, what happened to brainstorming? Is it not in the vocabulary of whoever created Pilipinas Win na Win? The show, its so mediocre. I hope I'm mistaken though. I hate to see another filler program live up to people's expectations only to find out that it has been obliterated by Eat Bulaga in a few months time.

Well, like I mentioned there are a couple of new faces in Pilipinas Win na Win. There's Kris Aquino and Robin Padilla. Personally I cringe in irritation at the sight of Kris Aquino. On the other hand, there's Robin Padilla - the expected saving grace of this show - to give balance with Aquino's antics, monologues, and irritating laughter. An added bonus of Robin Padilla being on this show is his supposed budding romance with Mariel Rodriguez. I'm sure we'll see a lot of that in the coming days of the show. Well, if that's what it takes to save the show and/or improve its ratings to the roof, I reckon the management won't even think twice to take advantage of that relationship. Anyway, here's to hoping that Kris Aquino won't wrap her legs around Robin Padilla and destroy Robin's supposed budding romance with Mariel.

Pilipinas Win na Win, it's essentially the same as its predecessor. Nothing is new. It's like the conceptualizers are trying to bring back Kris Aquino's glory days in Pilipinas Game K N B. I think that's what exactly the people behind the show are thinking. I mean, Kris Aquino in a center podium in Pilipinas Win na Win just like in Pilipinas Game K N B? That's got to be more than coincidence don't you think? They're over-estimating Kris Aquino's talent to host. Her glory days are over, especially with her recent split-up with James Yap and all. In my opinion, Pokwang can carry her own weight around the show. There's totally no need for a Kris Aquino to drive down the ailing show further into the ground.

On a side note though, The Buzz has never been better since Kris Aquino's removal from the show. No more cutting Boy Abunda's talk time, no more hour-long monologues, no more irritating laughter, no more eyeing guests from head to toe, no more mocking co-hosts, no more rude host, and most of all one less plastic person in the world.

Pilipinas Win na Win is a desperate act to struggle, that's how my brother put it. The show is boring. It has nothing new to offer. It will be eaten alive by Eat Bulaga and ABS-CBN won't see it coming. I'll give it 2/10. But like I said, let's hope I'm mistaken. I don't blame Jay Montelibano though.

'Till my next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment