Monday, November 29, 2010

How to Know The Number of Websites Linking to You Using Google, Bing and Yahoo

Are you curious on how many websites linked to your and/or your content? Maybe you just want to know if all that link-building and SEO stuff paid off. I'll teach you a trick I only recently learned courtesy of the Google Webmaster Tools: How to Know The Number of Websites Linking to You Using Google, Bing and Yahoo

Instructions:

1. Go to Google.com;
2. Type (without the quotation marks) "link:www.yourwebsitehere.com". No spaces between the "link:" and the name of your website. In my case I typed "link:svr2011cheats.blogspot.com";
3. Press Search. Wait for the results to come up;
4. Presto! The number of websites and their addresses that link to you.

Like I said above, I searched my website using the "link:" command, and holy cow I got only 3 websites linking to me according to Google. It was a totally different story on Bing and Yahoo.

To find out how many websites link to you on Bing and Yahoo, read the steps below:


Instructions:

1. Go to Linkpopularity.com;
2. Enter your website URL on the box;
3. Click the "Tell my my popularity!" button;
4. A page will pop out giving you the number of websites linking to you on Google, Bing and Yahoo.

In the case of Bing and Yahoo, I got 230+ to 300+ sites linking back to Tj's Daily. I don't guarantee the accuracy of these tests, but 300+? Now that's what I wanna see.

How do you fare? How many sites are linking back to you? Well, don't just sit there. Know yours now. Leave comments below.

'Till my next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment