Tuesday, June 14, 2011

T.G.I. Friday's Quick Home Delivery

Ah, Friday. Who doesn't love Fridays? It marks the end of the weekday grind and the start of relaxation. Even the teenybopper Rebecca Black sang a whole song dedicated to Friday. No wonder the term TGIF was coined. We're not here to talk about the term though, we're here to talk about the restaurant. You know what I'm talking about. Obviously you've already read the title. Yes, it's T.G.I. Friday's.

Well, what about T.G.I Friday's? For one, you have to be serious on shelling out a good sum of money to be able to enjoy a decent meal here. Second, all your expenses would definitely be worth it. With over 900 chains scattered over 51 countries, this American casual dining chain is guaranteed to bring you the Jack Daniel's experience if you know what I mean.

So last Friday – no seriously it was Friday – I went about my average day until I decided I wanted to eat something that heavily describes America. Nope, not fried chicken – hamburgers. Coincidentally, T.G.I Friday's serves burgers too, designer burgers to be exact. Burgers aside, Friday's is also well-known for its appetizers, steaks and unique alcoholic beverages. Anyway, I called up my favorite delivery crew Quick Delivery for this one by dialing 212-1212. A sweet, mild-voiced lady attended to my call and told me that my order would arrive in approximately 60 minutes or earlier. 50 minutes later, a Quick Delivery driver called my name at the gate. I dashed outside and he handed me this:


Good branding strategy right there. You'd identify this black bag a thousand miles away. But upon closer inspection of what's inside the bag, I was totally caught off guard, befuddled even. I can't remember at any point in my life seeing burgers contained inside a microwavable plastic container.


Yes, those burgers were that huge. The guys at Friday's even moved the top burger bun just for this monster to fit. Seriously, just look at that stack: TLC, onions, a half-an-inch thick (probably more) pure beef patty, two slices of bacon, sided together with a moderate portion of fat fries. Also found are a pair of plastic utensils for contingency, so that just in case you can't bite your burger you can slice it to manageable pieces.

I gotta tell you, for P395 a pop, these T.G.I Friday's burgers were a definite bargain. Finest ingredients served hot on a rainy day, who wouldn't be pleased? The moment you sink your teeth in on that juicy, chunky pure beef patty, your mouth would instantly salivate. The tomatoes are almost as wide as the patty itself, definitely imported. The cheese, separated in its own righteous foil. Don't let me start on the bacon. Oh was it sweet!

And as if downing this baby wasn't enough already, you still have the fries. Like I said, at Friday's they use nothing but the finest ingredients whenever, wherever. Others pale in comparison with this one.

Lastly, you have the option of your patty being rare, medium rare, or well done. Personally I suggest you try a medium rare burger or a medium rare steak for that matter just for a change.


One more thing: I'm somewhat of an environmentalist myself. I love establishments that use recyclable materials. It makes their customers feel that their frequented corporation is doing its part to help mother nature. So it was to my utmost delight to find out that T.G.I. Friday's was using a biodegradable bag.


They're definitely going green. And I approve.


I know that this post on T.G.I Friday's somehow has made you scratch your stomach. Well, move soldier move! These buns of heaven ain't going to move by itself y'know. No wait, I have a better idea. Grab your phone, dial 212-1212 just like you would while playing with your land line, talk to one of Quick Delivery's friendly agents, and order away. And while you're at it, with 170 and counting partner restaurants – in 326 different locations – food and drink-wise, why not order something for dessert too?

Talking to an agent not your fancy? Order online or send an SMS message and they'll call you right back. Plus, they're open 24/7/365, rain or shine. How convenient can ordering your favorite foods be?

Finally, if you want to see the complete T.G.I. Friday's menu, click HERE.

And remember, 212-1212.

For more information, log on to:

T.G.I. Friday's
www.fridays.com.ph

Quick Delivery 21
www.quickdelivery.ph


'Till my next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment