Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Impractical Words Are Impractical

Did you ever meet someone who literally likes to use weird words as a device to sway your brain into submission? How about someone who blabbers old words together to form a sentence without any sense or idea just to sound intelligent? Well, I think I just met that someone on the internet.

A few minutes ago as of this writing, I was reading the comments section of an article at Yahoo! when I stumbled upon this comment of a random dude. See, I think this is a guy who likes to use practically obsolete words to sound superior around those in the comments box. I totally LOL'd at what he said, but that's just me. Then again it may just be the stupidest thing I've ever read all day. Anyway, read his verbatim comments about Jose Javier Reyes' article:

These rights ups intend to bombillate a little and may be to indulge in some tomfoolery with conjoin. Moreover penpusher indite the floccinaucinihilipilification right ups. I often besmirch those lacking the idiosyncrasy of writhing contribution with sesquipedaliansim.

Seriously? Whoever this dude is, I bet he can't use these words in real life sentences without the aid of the internet, much less orally using it in plain English speech. And I bet a thousand balls on it.


Even Obama doesn't approve.

Call me stupid or anything, but I would never use some of the words mentioned above. A humble pauper poet whose poems barely make sense other than to himself and to a stoned hippie, yes. But an accountant talking in front of the board pitching a viable marketing strategy that would possibly make a billion's worth of payday, hell no. Not in a million years.

I'm all for vocabulary expansion, but using these words at an article where people comment using plain English makes you look like a show off and a big tool, and nobody likes that. Lesson learned: Impractical words are impractical.

'Till my next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment