Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quick Delivery's Huge Brothers Burger Quintet

We've all had our fair share of burgers everywhere. There's the fugly burger, the street burger, the fast food burger, the "burger-that-sounds-like-the-Terminator" burger and the ridiculous Double Down burger (it just needs to be said). Some of us find these burgers too oily, too salty, sometimes too mundane to eat. Can't blame you, I've been there. And then there's the burgers from the Brothers Burger brand, all on a league of its own.

As far as I know, the Brothers Burger brand has been the pioneer of designer burgers here in the Philippines. They were the first here in the Philippines to set up shop than all the other burger joints that popped up like mushrooms when designer burgers clicked.

All the craving has somehow made me a burger-longing zombie. I was crazy hungry, but I was too lazy to clothe up and go to the nearest Brothers Burger joint. Then I realized one thing that was the greatest invention of man next to the modern wheel: Home delivery. Fortunately Quick Delivery – my favorite delivery crew in the NCR region – has Brothers Burger on their restaurant roster. I grabbed my phone, dialed 212-1212 and conveniently placed my order.

An hour later, voila! A Quick Delivery dude was waving at our front gate. He gave me this:


That bag alone weighs 2.5 pounds. And in burger parlance, when someone mentions the word "pound", they quickly think of a quarter pounder. What, 1/4 pounds? What about 1/2 pounds? That's exactly what the Big Brothers Burger is all about: half a pound of pure beefy goodness.


You gotta admit, the Big Brothers Burger looks awesome. And at P195.00 a piece, like Kris Aquino always says, the price is right.

Jammed in this burger is a generous portion of lettuce and tomato and half a pound of their signature flame-grilled pure beef patty sandwiched in an oatmeal bun. And when I say pure beef, I mean it. This is not like that chain with a red bee as its mascot proclaiming that they're pure beef when I personally think that they're pure processed beef dripping in trans fat and reeking of refrigeration.

Taste-wise, all burgers from Brothers Burger taste beautifully delicious. Their patties are juicy, not from oil, but from the natural juices of the beef. Lettuce and tomatoes are warm and fresh unlike burgers in other joints in which they feel like fresh from the ref (see: cold tomatoes and lettuce on a hot burger). And I urge you to try their onion rings! I tell you, it's a MUST. Their onion rings at P65.00 each are one of the few remaining – if there are others remaining which I doubt – authentic onion rings. Trust me, I ate at this burger joint whose name refers to burger royalty, and their onion rings were all processed to the point that it tasted like paste.

Munching this giant down is as difficult as it gets. Halfway through with onion rings and soda at hand, you'll just stop and take a breather. But that's okay. You're not the only one to stop mid-way while battling this thing. Don't be ashamed of it. I mean, one is enough to intimidate a grown man. How about five?


Yes, I know. Point made. And of course, the Big Brothers Burger ain't the only huge daddy Brothers Burger have on their menu. Just prance around and take a pick among their dozen-plus designer burgers. For a real heavyweight meal, I suggest you try the Brothers Pounder. Sadly, I can't explain all their burgers here because reading about all of it in one seating would literally blow your mind away.


I know that this post somehow has made you scratch your stomach. Well, move! These buns of heaven ain't going to move by itself y'know. No wait, I have a better idea. Grab your phone, dial 212-1212 just like you would while playing with your land line, talk to one of Quick Delivery's friendly agents, and order away. And while you're at it, with 170 and counting partner restaurants – in 326 different locations –  food and drink-wise, why not order something for dessert too?

Talking to an agent not your fancy? Order online or send an SMS message and they'll call you right back. Plus, they're open 24/7/365, rain or shine. How convenient can ordering your favorite foods be?

Finally, if you want to see the complete menu Brothers Burger has on its delivery list, click HERE.

And remember, 212-1212.

For more information, log on to:

Brothers Burger
www.brothersburger.com.ph

Quick Delivery 21
www.quickdelivery.ph


'Till my next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment