Sunday, March 20, 2011

FedEx Notice Email Scam

A lot has been going on in my inbox lately, and this sham is just one of 'em. I like to call it the FedEx Notice Email Scam.

I was messaged lately by a FedEx service (infopu@fedex.com) mailer which states that:

Dear customer.

The parcel was sent your home address.
And it will arrive within 7 business day.

More information and the tracking number are attached in document below.

Thank you.
© FedEx 1995-2011

Thing is, I don't have any parcel headed for me, not that I know of any anyway. And if I did, I didn't give my email address to someone in FedEx.

I googled for the FedEx Notice Email Scam and found out that there have been lots of variations since God knows when. Also attached with the message is a file called "Fedex docs.zip", which infects your computer with a virus or a trojan once dowloaded. Now, if you see a FedEx notice message in your inbox telling you something about an unknown parcel with very vague description, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY. Chances are that's a trojan and it's going to infect your computer.

'Till my next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment