Sunday, October 31, 2010

The McDonald's Twister Fries is Back, But How About Their Milkshakes?

I've always been a McDonald's fan. Ever since I was a kid, I've chased their Happy Meals. Now that I'm a full-fledged adult, I still eat at, like how our Malaysian counterparts say, McD's.

Recently, McDonald's Philippines decided the comeback of the McDonald's Twister Fries. Yeah, that's all good stuff. That curly bit of potato joy, it's all good, especially when you dip it in tomato ketchup. I guess it's patented because if it wasn't, Jollibee would be all over it copying and renaming it to "Jollibee Swirly Fries." Hah, ugly.

Anyway, I have beef with how McDonald's launches the return of the Twister Fries nationally and yet their milkshakes are always almost nowhere to be found. What's up with that?


See, I'm a big McDonald's milkshake fan. But whenever I go to some random McDonald's chain right by the road to fetch a milkshake, most of the time I end up having a Sundae. Everytime I say milkshake, they say "We don't serve that here sir." The only McDonald's chains I know that serve milkshakes are the ones in the SM Mall of Asia and the one right beside La Consolacion Mendiola. This shouldn't be the case, the milkshake should be available everywhere. What if I want to purchase a milkshake right now? It's so not practical to ride an hour long trip to La Consolacion just to purchase a milkshake when our local McDonald's could be serving us with that fluffy bundle of happiness (yeah, I know it's full of sugars and calories and all, but I love it. What do you care?). See my point?

Is there an issue with the milkshake machine? Is it so expensive that only a few franchisees ever dare put it up in their McDonald's branch? That shouldn't be the case since setting up a McDonald's branch costs tens of millions of dough. If you spend that much on setup alone, why not throw in the McDonald's milkshake machine as well? It not only diversifies your products, it also generates a faster return of investment, at least in my opinion.

So to McDonald's Philippines (hell, throw in the McDonald's HQ in the US and all their representatives everywhere), this I address: Urge your franchisees to consider purchasing a milkshake machine for their branch(es) so that people could enjoy it. We're tired of floats and sundaes and the McFlurry. We don't want nothing to do with those no more. We don't want "We don't serve that here sir" answers no more! We want milkshakes or else we'll sue you for not bringing joy to people! Just kidding.

'Till my next installment.

[Photo by curiosityfillsthecat.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment