Sunday, October 17, 2010

BET's Top 10 Rappers of the 21st Century

Recently, the Black Entertainment Television channel released their Top 10 Rappers of the 21st Century. So here it is. Lookie who made it on the list:

10. Rick Ross
9. Jadakiss
8. Young Jeezy
7. Drake
6. Ludacris
5. T.I.
4. 50 Cent
3. Kanye West
2. Lil' Wayne

And our number one rapper for the 21st century (which shouldn't come as a surprise to everyone since he'd been a billboard chart topper ever since he came out):

1. Eminem

Some are saying that BET set the limit at 1999 just to include Eminem on the list. If it weren't I guess MC Hammer would've made it somewhere high on the list. Then again, Eminem deserves the top dog position because he earned it. And because he's not afraid.

Also, look at Kanye. Everybody hated him for what he did to Taylor Swift at the past MTV Music Awards (including me. How could you do that to such a gorgeous angel?). Now he's back again on full swing and he's at number three. Not a fan of the constant autotuning though. Wait, is there anything not autotuned anymore?

Another one: I'm no fan of Lil' Wayne. I know he got great music and all, but I can't stop associating him with Jay Sean and that sparkly "baby are you down down down down down" video. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of the the glasses.

Besides #1, #3, T.I. (you could have whatever you like yeaaaaah) and Luda, I don't mind the others. I do pay respect though. They won't be on the top if they didn't earn their way up.

'Till my next installment.

P.S. I agree with them web people. Why ain't Jay-Z ain't nowhere to be no-seen on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment